Tuesday 14 January 2014

Review - Endless Swarm

Endless Swarm
Mindkiller

I came across this band completely by accident. I was listening to the last Detroit album on Youtube and I saw their EP in the sidebar, so I clicked on it and found something just as good as what I'd been listening to. This Edinburgh-based band play chugging, bass-heavy grind/PV in a style that reminds me of the sadly deceased Islam85 - crushing, low-end grooves that break out unpredictably into blistering flurries of blastbeats.

According to the band's Facebook page, they're made up of former members of Black Talon and Horrors That You've Seen - two bands I've never heard of, but will be sure to look up - and Mindkiller is their first EP. If this is what they can do now, I can't wait to see what they come out with later on. These guys may well be the only competition Gets Worse have in terms of low-end, grindy powerviolence. Definitely a band to keep an eye (and both ears) on.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment