Thursday 1 August 2013

Review - Monolithian

Monolithian
Split 7" w/Let It Die

You might remember Monolithian from their split with punk band Ed Wood, which I reviewed a few months back. This time around, I'm taking a look at two songs* from their split with Let It Die, entitled Because the world is perfidious, I am going into mourning. The first track, Emaciate, is a slow, groovey, sludgey rocker reminiscent of the Melvins. It's a very effective song and I can imagine the crowd going wild to it at a gig. The second track, the cheerfully named Euthanise, is a much faster, punkier song - a high-speed rant against...something. Not quite sure what, as there are no lyrics on the Bandcamp page, but I'm pretty sure these guys are pissed off at something or someone.

While these songs don't break any new ground, they're a lively addition to the punk universe; fans of Discharge, Amebix, or Void will find little to surprise them here, but plenty to enjoy.

Rating: 6/10



*I think it's two songs, though for some reason they're listed as one track on Bandcamp. It could be one song with two very different parts.*

** Turns out it's only one song

No comments:

Post a Comment